Stochastic Biology: from Cells to Populations
May 5-7 2014
IST Austria, Klosterneuburg, Austria
The objective of the meeting is to bring together researchers with diverse backgrounds, in particular in physics, biology, mathematics, and computer science, to help address the most challenging questions arising from stochasticity in biology. This exciting new field strongly relies on interdisciplinary approaches. Bringing together established leaders in the field with early career researchers will help promote a better common understanding of the fundamental issues. It will contribute to shaping an emerging discipline that is currently still underrepresented in Europe.
- Rosalind Allen (University of Edinburgh)
- Nathalie Balaban (Hebrew University Jerusalem)
- Vincent Danos (University of Edinburgh)
- Nynke Dekker (TU Delft)
- Jordi Garcia-Ojalvo (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona)
- Fyodor Kondrashov (CRG Barcelona)
- Johan Paulsson (Harvard Medical School)
- Sander Tans (AMOLF Amsterdam)
- Kevin Verstrepen (KU Leuven)
|Early (until April 7)||Late (until April 28)|
|Regular||250 EUR||300 EUR|
|Student||150 EUR||200 EUR|
The registration fee includes conference material, lunches, coffee breaks, two dinners and the use of conference facilities. Accommodation is not included in the fee. Please refer to the Accommodation link for recommended hotels.
There will be a few grants (350 EUR) for travel or childcare expenses. Participants in need can apply for these during the meeting.
Note: Registration is only complete after the payment is completed.
Cancellation until April 7: refund of registration fee minus 50 EUR. No cancellation after 4 weeks before the conference.
Please contact the event office at email@example.com if you need to cancel your registration.
You may need a visa to travel to Austria. Please contact the Austrian embassy in your residing country concerning the visa requirements. We will provide invitation letters for the participants of our conferences. You can apply for the letter online.
Travel grants/care awards
Download the forms for:
Info & Directions
- Meriem El Karoui, Meriem.Elkaroui@ed.ac.uk
- Tobias Bollenbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raul Fernandez-Lopez
- Erdal Toprak, email@example.com
- Marie Trappl, firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Science and Technology Austria
Am Campus 1
A – 3400 Klosterneuburg
Phone: +43 (0)2243 9000
Fax: +43 (0)2243 9000 2000